Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bronzing for Spring/Summer

I've always had a love hate relationship with tanning products. Bad examples include, disgusting biscuit smell that lingers on you all day long and not so natural, tangerine legs. I have tried and tested a number of self tanners, Dove, Johnsons, Garnier you name it - all of which have never really boded well with my pale, sensitive skin. So, in the Christmas holidays I took the plunge and decided to invest in some pricier tanning lotions, one for face and one for body. I made sure did my research before splashing out on these two 'luxury' items. I turned to none other than tanning expert, James Read - also founder of the website thetantalist.com. His website is home to all things 'bronze' ranging from tutorials, catwalk trends, interviews and reviews.  


When I looked into what face product to choose, he seemed to highly rate Chanel's Soleil Identité. I'd never sampled any of Chanel's beauty products before, so I was happy to see that my skin felt incredibly smooth with a subtle, bronzed glow.



 For body, I turned to trusty tanning brand St Tropez. I chose the Gradual Everyday Tanning Body Lotion which worked well and gave me a nice colour, but it didn't seems to last very long and I was only using it twice a week. Last week I returned to Boots to re-purchase some more and stumbled across a new St Tropez product standing on the shelf. St Tropez 'Naturals' with Vegetan is a new creation perfect for people like me who don't like to layer on lots of parabens and synthetic ingredients onto my body. It also works well for sensitive skin, great for me! 


So far, so good! It hasn't reacted with my skin which was my main concern, and it hasn't turned me a questionable shade of orange. Unfortunately, there is a tiny hint of the dreaded digestive biscuit scent, but only a little - no where near as bad as anything I've tested in the past. They have some other products in the range which I look forward to trying out. Big thumbs up!


To find out more about the Naturals range, visit http://www.st-tropez.com/naturals

No comments:

Post a Comment